The kitchen is the heart of a home. For many families life is centered around the kitchen with parents cooking, friends snacking, kids doing homework and people grabbing drinks or quick bites to eat. Hours are spent in the busy room on a daily basis. Even if it only takes one hour to cook and clean after each meal that is three hours every day! With so much use the kitchen should be both practical and beautiful.
Here are our tips and tricks for improving your kitchen:
- Hidden Outlets. Multiple electrical outlets are a necessity for any kitchen. Unfortunately they are not very attractive to look at. Creative use of molding can hid outlets when they are not in use. This can apply to any area of your home and is a good solution for families with young children.
- Island Seating. Have a custom island installed that provides you with counter space, storage, and seating for family and guests. Now when people want to spend time with the cook they can do so comfortably.
- Built in Desk. Instead of spreading homework and bills across the kitchen have a custom desk installed. You can help with math problems, while stirring the pasta, without worrying about spills and stains.
- Hidden Broom Closet. Install a shallow custom closet on the side of your cabinetry. You can keep brooms and other items for cleaning up quick messes.
- Built in Knife Cabinet. Families with young children need to worry about access to knives and other sharp objects. You can have a built in knife cabinet installed that slides into your cabinetry for safety. As an added benefit you will also have more counter space.
- Space for the iPad. Many cooks are using their iPad for recipes, listening to music, and staying connected while working in the kitchen. You can have an iPad station installed into your kitchen that connects to speakers for optimal sound quality.
- Recycling and Garbage Center. Instead of having the garbage can out for all to see, have a custom cabinet created to hold your recycling and garbage cans. It can have a slide out feature to ensure that the garbage is thrown away without making a mess under the sink.
- Warming Oven. Busy families can save time by cooking in advance. You can cook dinner before the picking the kids up from school and keep it in the warmer to be ready after soccer practice.
Your kitchen can become more functional and make your life easier. At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions, we can meet with you, discuss your family’s needs and suggest ways to improve your kitchen. By creating a customized plan you can have the kitchen of your dreams in no time.