Spring has arrived and with it longer days, bright sunshine, and beautiful flowers. Now is the time to dust off the grill, sweep the porch and get ready for lazy afternoons relaxing in the warm spring and summer weather.
There is no better place to relax then your own screened porch. They allow you to enjoy warm weather all day and all night by keeping the sun from directly shining on your face and keeping the bugs out at night. If you want to design the perfect indoor/outdoor space here are some tips for making your screened porch the best room in the house.
- Beadboard on the Ceiling. Add charm and visual interest to your screened porch by installing beadboard on the ceiling. You can paint it bright white for a beachy feel or use natural oak for a more earthy, cabin look.
- Fan. No screened porch is complete without a ceiling fan. Let cool air circulate and provide the perfect breeze during those hot summer nights. With new designs ceiling fans can be functional and decorative.
- Hanging Bed. Why stick with a normal porch swing when you can have a hanging day bed installed. A contractor can give you a sturdy, comfortable sleeping space for those afternoon siestas.
- Light. The best screened porches are open and airy. If you have one that feels closed off, open up the walls by installing more windows. Leave it open with the screens only during the spring and summer months.
- Rugs. Put one or two large rugs down to create visual interest and a soft place for children to play.
- Seating. Think about how you like to entertain and provide more than enough seating options for guests. You can use the standard outdoor furniture or use a traditional, comfortable couch. Since the porch is fully covered there is no need to use outdoor furniture only. Your porch can become an extension of your home.
- Dining Table. Eating dinner outdoors is a summer favorite. Place a large table on your screened porch so that guest can dine outside without batting away pesky mosquitoes. Picnic benches are nice and can easily be dressed up with a table cloth.
If you currently have a deck, or want one, Cipriani Remodeling Solutions can convert a portion of it into a screened porch and extend your homes living space. You will end up with more room in your home and a place your family can enjoy year long. By installing heating and electrical you can close up your porch and use it during the fall and winter. This room can easily be your family’s favorite place to spend summer days. Give us a call to learn how we can give your family the perfect summer hangout spot.