Summer may be winding to a close, but you can have a day at the beach year round by giving your bathroom coastal charm. Bright whites and shades of blue give your bathroom a clean and elegant look with a laid back vibe. This bathroom style can compliment many home styles from traditional to Cape Cod, colonial and cottage styles. Since bathrooms are typically the smallest room in your home they are a fantastic way to make a design impact on a limited budget.
Use these ideas to add coastal charm to your bathroom or powder room:
- White. Bright white looks clean and refreshing. It can conjure up images of freshly cleaned laundry blowing on the line and white sandy beaches. Paint your cabinets bright white and have white beadboard installed on your walls for a modern, country look. Accentuate with white trimmed mirrors and towels.
- Beadboard. White beadboard will make your paint color pop. You can also use a natural wood color that is reminiscent of golden sand or rustic fences lining the beach.
- Molding. Install molding with a substantial ledge all the way around your bathroom. You can place shells and see stars along the ledge to compliment the beach theme. You can even place your favorite family beach shots along the ledge in black and white for a stunning contrast.
- Blue. A beach theme is not complete without contrasting blue color. Paint the top portion of your walls your favorite shade of blue to remind you of the ocean, sky, and the morning sunshine.
- Mosaic Tile Backsplash. Your bathroom can turn into a show stopper with a custom mosaic tile backsplash. Glass tiles add to the beach feel, and you can select ones that resemble the beautiful blues and greens found in sea glass.
- Flooring. Natural stone tile or wide planked wood floors work well in a coastal bathroom. By using natural tones found in nature, you can conjure up images of a sandy beach.
- Radiant Heating. Install radiant in floor heating to keep you warm on cold winter mornings. This is an excellent way to heat your space and environmentally friendly.
- Skylight. Coastal design requires an abundance of natural light. We can install a skylight in your bathroom to add light while maintaining your privacy. Another option is to install a large privacy window.
- Fixtures. Replacing your bathroom fixtures can make a big difference in its overall look and feel. Install brushed silver or nickel to compliment your beach look.
Whether you are looking to do a full remodel of your bathrooms, or simply update them for a fresh look – we can help. At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions, we can take your design ideas and turn them into a reality. Call us today to learn how we can transform your home into something extraordinary.