Benefits of Design / Build
Cipriani Remodeling Solutions uses a design / build method of home remodeling. This method is based on a master builder who assumes full responsibility for designing and constructing a project from start to finish. This is in contrast to traditional contracting, where a client commissions an architect or engineer to prepare drawings and specifications, and then separately selects a construction contractor or construction manager. In design/build, a single company takes care of the client’s needs. Collaboration between designers and builders is the foundation of design/build, and this method offers the client the benefits of even greater design and construction integration and single responsibility for the outcome and overall process.
Cipriani Remodeling Solutions brings these two functions together under one roof to work with a customer on designing their project and then building what was designed. The design phase involves carefully listening to the homeowners desires and concerns for their living space and designing a plan to satisfy all their requirements within their budget constraints. The build phase then builds what was designed – makes sense!
We also add in a few other steps between the design and build phases that many other companies don’t.
Here’s a diagram of each step:
We are a process oriented company and each step has been carefully thought out and refined over nearly 40 years to get you exactly what you want with the least amount of stress and disruption to your life.
There are five major advantages to using the design / build method of home remodeling.
- Single Responsibility – The design/build approach provides design, architecture, engineering and construction under a single contract. Therefore, the owner’s control of the entire design/build process is strengthened and any risk is reduced by contracting with a single firm that is unconditionally committed to the success of the project. There is no finger-pointing if something goes wrong – we take care of it!
- Accurate Job Pricing – Our design/build teams work closely with our clients to accurately design the completed project at an early stage. Continuous refinement during the design results in accurate, guaranteed construction costs and schedule far sooner than with other methods. This quickly establishes accurate project costs and feasibility for the homeowner
- Value – Design and construction personnel, working as a team, evaluate building techniques, materials and methods efficiently and accurately. From the outset of the project, both design and construction expertise is brought to bear upon all components of a project. Our motto is to build it right the first time and build it to last.
- Time – As the design is refined the construction teams scheduling and permit application process can begin. Long lead time purchases can be made early on before construction. Our complete control of the project allows us to line up all aspects of a project so we can begin construction work immediately on day one. The total project duration is significantly reduced, resulting in faster start and completion times for the project.
- Quality – Design/build inherently provides higher quality than the separate, often conflicting architect vs. contractor approach. Because we have responsibility for the entire job, we know what we designed and are motivated to build it with quality. Design/build eliminates the traditional finger pointing among the architect, engineer and contractor, and allows resources and attention to be productively focused on cost effective solutions that reflect best value and quality.