October 2010 – Woodbury, NJ – “The Red Cross does not need blood – patients do. Every two seconds someone in America gets a blood transfusion. Five million patients will need blood this year.”
And it doesn’t take a disaster for blood to be needed. People need blood every day and since donated blood has a limited shelf life, it’s critical to replenish the supply throughout the year.
That’s why Cipriani Remodeling Solutions is hosting a Blood Drive on Friday, October 22 from 12:00 noon until 6:00 PM at their office at 665 North Broad St. in Woodbury, NJ. Bringing the opportunity directly to the people who can help is one way to keep the supply fresh. And it’s the right thing to do.
Generally, blood donors must be healthy*, be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 lbs. *Healthy means that you feel well and can perform normal activities. If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, healthy also means that you are being treated and the conditions are under control.
The Bloodmobile will be parked in front of the showroom. The following is the process to donate blood:
- Make an appointment. Call 856-853-8393 to set up a time for your donation.
- Hydrate: Make sure to drink plenty of fluids that day.
- Wear comfortable clothes: Wear clothing with sleeves that can easily be rolled up above the elbow.
- Maintain healthy level of iron in your diet before donating: If possible, include iron-rich foods in your diet, especially in the weeks before your donation. Click here for a list of iron-rich foods.
- Bring a list of medications you are taking: The Red Cross will need to know about any prescription and/or over the counter medications that may be in your system.
- Bring ID: Bring either your donor’s card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification.
- Bring a Friend: Bring a friend so you can both enjoy the benefits of giving blood.
- Relax: Blood donation is simple and very safe so there is nothing to worry about.
Cipriani Remodeling Solutions has a long-standing commitment to the community which it has been a part of for over 30 years. Hosting a Blood Drive is one way to help people get the blood they need, when they need it.
Please join us on Friday, October 22 from 12:00 noon to 6:00 PM and help make this blood drive a success.
For more information, call Cipriani Remodeling Solutions at 856-823-8398.