For avid gardeners spring and summer are exciting times. Flowers are in bloom and there is work to do in the yard. With the weather cooperating now is the time to enjoy the great outdoors. A backyard shed or storage space is the best way to keep all of your tools in easy reach. For most people a shed means putting a boring metal building in the far corner of the yard, far enough away that people don’t notice it. There are many ways to build a shed in your yard that is functional and nice to look at. If you are outside all the time make sure that your shed is also a place you enjoy being with comforting extras built in for the gardeners in your home.
Here is how you can have a shed you will want to spend time in:
- Wood Building. Forgo the standard metal building for a custom built, wood shed. This way you can incorporate the features you want.
- Insulation. Your shed can be used in the winter months as well. We can place insulation in your shed to help keep it warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Lighting. Have electrical installed into your shed so that you can have proper lighting installed. Looking for things in a dimly lit shed is a quick way to become scared of spiders and avoid yard work.
- French Doors. Install French Doors instead of standard ones. This will give your shed more of a homey look, provide additional light, and let others see when you are in the shed planting or working.
- Windows. Install a window directly over your work space.
- Storage. A shed needs to have a variety of storage options including places to hang tools, places for large backs, pots, plants and more. We can customize the shed storage based on how you will be using it.
- Work Bench. No shed is complete without a work bench. This area can be used for planting and tinkering.
- Sitting Area. An outdoor shed doesn’t have to be all work. Make it slightly larger and incorporate a seating area. You can relax, have some tea, and take a break from gardening while reading your favorite book. This can become a quiet and restful place.
- Flooring. Instead of sticking with an unfinished floor you can have a hardy laminate installed that is easy to clean and comes in a variety of patterns.
At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions we can design an outdoor shed that is customized to your needs. It can be built to match the style and look of the main house to give it the look of an outbuilding, rather than an afterthought. Contact us today to design your perfect gardening space.